New features to be individually added to Done.
Features added per release to be determined by Adrian Johnson.
- Record time against project in real-time using a Timer function.
New Teams feature (name may change!).
Enable managers to record time against individual staff members, and invoice staff/clients accordingly.
Improve the Timesheet report to show timesheets in weekly grid format.
Now available. (v1.1+)
- Add features so people can request help or find support within the app.
Dates and version numbers below are when the app was submitted to the Microsoft Store. It may take several
days for the app to be universally available across all devices in all territories.
1.7 - 3 September 2018
Amend main UI to remove menu bar footer and replace with main drop-down style menu.
This enables more options (screens) to be added to the menu without compromising the look and
1.6.1 - 4 August 2018
- Additional minor UI tweaks.
1.6.0 - 3 August 2018
UI changes in all Edit pages to create a cleaner layout.
Website and Microsoft Store images will be updated soon.
- Bug fixes to Invoice pages, where invoices were not created correctly.
1.5.0 - 20 June 2018
Functionality to save/read data from database has been completely rewritten.
- Entity Framework no longer used, as it's too unreliable.
- The way Microsoft recommends that apps access databases has also changed - forcing this rewrite.
- The previous update may have broken the app, as the Projects table was missing a field.
The active sync to OneDrive has been removed.
- When the database is updated to the new version, the previous version is saved to OneDrive as a backup.
The new updated database can be backed up to OneDrive from the
- Some groundwork laid in case I want to update Done and add new features.
Update - June 2018
I am aware that the Done app has not been stable over the last few weeks. Here are a couple of the issues that
have been discovered:
There has been a problem with the technology used to save or retrieve data from the database, known
as Entity Framework. There are constant updates to this, which seems to break Done.
The last couple of updates may have reverted the database back to a previous version which is
missing one of the key Project fields.
These are the steps I am taking to resolve the issues:
- Until I am fairly confident the issues are fixed, I have removed the app from the Store.
I am completely rewriting the functions to save and retrieve data from the database. This should
help with the stability issues.
What this means is that Done will have a new backend database, and I have to develop
a system to copy data that exists in the older database version.
Once this is complete, I can add new features to Done knowing that the foundations
are more stable.
I hope to complete this during June. The intention is to update the Store app, so your copy of
Done should automatically update and your data transfer to the new database
without any interventions from you.
If you have any questions, please get in touch.
Please accept my apologies for any inconvinience this causes.
Adrian Johnson, June 2018
1.3.0 - 31 May 2018
Fixed bug where list of clients is not displayed after adding first client.
This was due to a bug within the system used to retrieve data from the database (LINQ). Other parts of
Done use similar functionality - please report any issues.
1.2.9 - 20 March 2018
- Fixed bug where app goes black if selecting area outside the app.
Added Short Title field to Projects to be used when reporting back from any searches. Initial data is copy of
full project title.
Amend size of input fields on details screen. They should fill more screen area now, making it easier to add
information on large screen devices.
1.2.8 - 28 February 2018
- UI amends. App shows some theming in "Done App Yellow".
- Back button removed from lower command bar. For Desktop versions, Back button is now displayed in the Title bar.
- Projects and Clients are listed in alphabetical order within their relevant drop down controls.
1.2.7 - 16 February 2018
- Projects and Clients can now be set as archived, so will no longer appear when adding new timesheets.
- Timesheets now sync with OneDrive. If you use multiple Windows 10 devices, your timesheets will always be up to date.
Website - 9 February 2018
Changed from ASP.NET Web Pages to MVC 5.
1.2.6 - 31 January 2018
- Weekly timesheets can now be exported to text file format and saved in your local Downloads folder.
1.2.5 - 23 January 2018
- Changed Settings page so that drop-down controls replace free text fields where appropriate (for Yes/No settings).
- Updated Start menu icon.
After viewing timesheets for a particular date, adding a new timesheet selects the viewed date as default
rather than the current date.
- When adding a timesheet and clicking the Save button, the timesheet for that date will be currently viewed.
1.2.4 - 19 January 2018
- Text on list pages now wraps and doesn't overlay controls on the right-hand side of the app.
Fixed bug where date is not always selected on the Timesheet Select page.
1.2 - 11 January 2018
1.1 - 3 January 2018
- Fixed: Text does not wrap within Details field on Timesheet Details screen.
- Fixed: Fluent Design elements not displayed within the app.
- Fixed: Timesheet entries not listed in time order within day views.
Fixed: Timesheet Report display not consistent. Replaced by Timesheet Weekly Report -
shows time taken on projects in weekly grid format.
1.0 - 21 December 2017
- First release of Done Timesheets on the Microsoft Store.